ENG-CSE- Compression Systems Internship
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10174
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01341229 Date posted 08/12/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors, is currently seeking an intern.
Duties would involve providing support for any of the following activities:
Design new hardware and improve existing hardware.
Build finite element models, perform analysis, and determine acceptability to criteria..
Conduct mechanical and functional integration activities across modules and engines systems.
Evaluation of Hardware Nonconformance.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Fields of study: Mechanical Engineering and/ or Aerospace Engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in design, development of Aircraft Engines
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01341229
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE- Compression Systems Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US