IPT Manufacturing Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10151
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339005 Date posted 08/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Manufacturing Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT
You will be integrated to one or more Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and will act as the primary technical liaison between engineering and operations. Through the use of updated Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) standard work and collaboration with the IPT, this employee will be responsible for identifying and mitigating manufacturing and operational risk and ensuring an improved quality, delivery, and cost signature on new designs.
You will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge on multiple hardware configurations, manufacturing processes, and the latest manufacturing readiness assessment tools. They will work with both internal producers and external suppliers to ensure an optimized manufacturing process across the value stream. This resource will also have a key role in refining and improving MRL standard work with the Core Manufacturing Engineering organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will become a member of one or multiple IPTs and will interact with manufacturing operations, industrial management, and engineering to identify and mitigate operational risk on upcoming 24K block changes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) part status and gap closure to phase 5 rate program production requirements
- Responsible for part manufacturing and inspection work instructions across the manufacturing value stream, including summary of operations and routing sequence
- Create and maintain part Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA), coordinates and prioritizes risk prioritization number (RPN) reduction plan
- Approves and provides operations recommendations to engineering change activity
- Progress process cert maturity and influence manufacturing key product characteristic (KPCM/A) strategy as necessary
- Leads part specific Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and Scrap Rework Repair (SRR) reduction initiatives
- Responsible for part approvals, First Article Inspection (FAI) and Pre-Production Approval Process (PPAP)
- Creates, updates, and approves part cost models
- Collaborate with the Process and Module Center ME's for drawing reviews and process improvement activities
- Collaborate with Core ME team to improve existing manufacturing readiness standard work and business processes
Up to 20% travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, industrial, mechanical or technical field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master's degree minimum
- Minimum of 3+ years of working in manufacturing engineering
- Shop floor experience is a plus
- Excellent teammate with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detailed task oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervisory input or direction.
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- SAP, ACE or Six Sigma is a plus
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339005
Community / Marketing Title: IPT Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US