Business Analyst - Customer Portal Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10150
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338181 Date posted 08/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
We work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality.
We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people like you that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
As part of it all, you'll have ample opportunity to use your outstanding skills crafting the future of flight - and building a truly rewarding career in the process.
Pratt & Whitney, Commercial Engines/Aftermarket Customer Service team is seeking a Business Analyst to define and provide creative service solutions to our commercial customers.
Within Customer Support, the Web/Portal team is responsible for business management of the Client Portal, which is a website that provides customer access to engine life cycle and aftermarket.
The portal is the customers 'gateway' into Pratt & Whitney and IAE's product and services.
You and your team's key objective is moving forward to re-platform the current Fleetcare site to provide a more collaborative and intuitive experience for our end users.
As the Business Analyst, you'll need to effectively partner with the internal Digital Technology (DT) and Business organizations to ensure alignment and development is meeting design expectations.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for you to join our Customer Support team in East Hartford, CT.
If you are passionate about continuously improving processes, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Program Manager to prioritize work assignments to meet departmental and program objectives
- Work with the business and DT project team members to elicit, develop and document business requirements
- Schedule and facilitate business requirements walkthroughs with users, developers, and testers
- Obtain sign-offs on business requirements from business owners
- Find opportunities for process re-engineering; make proposals and recommendations for process improvements to appropriate management
- Development of Business Requirement documents for technology changes, including business process changes
- Participate and perform in-depth user acceptance testing
- Develop use case documentation, with departmental SMEs
- Participate in post-implementation QA processing, ensuring accurate and timely identification and resolution of issues
- Serve as a liaison with department SMEs and DT to maintain and update documentation
- Supports the dissemination of education, training and process change information to impacted staff and departments
- Participate on project teams and/or workgroups to produce timely and accurate deliverables
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an Agile development team
- Bachelors degree and 7 years' work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in business analysis
- At least 2+ years' experience with Agile
- Liferay web platform
- Experience working with portal technology
- Familiarity with Iterative Development practices
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lead team members effectively to ensure timely completion of individual tasks for the project / product
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01338181
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst - Customer Portal Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US