Workplace Services Manager, Digital Technologies
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10149
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338312 Date posted 08/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Digital Technology Infrastructure Workplace Services as a Technical Architect and Program Manager.
Our Digital Technology Workplace Services team is responsible for the strategic direction, implementation execution and service delivery of Pratt & Whitney end user computing technologies including Windows PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone hardware & software, O365 cloud services, mobile services, virtual desktop infrastructure, communication, collaboration & productivity tools, Apple MacOS/iOS technologies and end user experience satisfaction.
This position will be responsible for program managing key projects set forth as part of the global infrastructure strategy focused on Pratt & Whitney end-user computing platforms, developing and deploying the supporting architecture, and implementing world-class support processes for the workplace services environment. This role is also responsible for participating in the introduction of new and innovative technologies to help Pratt & Whitney increase employee productivity and engagement. The ability to successfully work and manage suppliers will be essential.
- Work with vendors to review and set P&W end user computing hardware/software roadmap and standards based on emerging technologies and input from P&Wâ€s internal customers to meet the next generation engineering, shop floor and business computing requirements to deliver a world-class computing experience.
- Act as program lead and work with vendors, application, security and compliance teams to develop optimized Windows operating system image and maintain OS currency including defining key performance indicators, image development, testing coordination and implementation execution.
- Make O365 architectural decisions and be responsible for a successful P&W O365 implementation and migration including (but not limited to) Azure AD, Exchange online email, Microsoft Teams, One Drive, and Office 365 ProPlus services. Coordinate testing with application integration teams and develop post go-live production support processes.
- Facilitate the technical and end user experience evaluation of key communication, collaboration and productivity tools along with the subsequent roadmap development, change-management and migration strategies and execution.
- Research, identify, pilot and implement innovative technologies that can increase end user efficiency and business productivity.
- Act as P&W Digital Technology representative for strategy discussions and approvals with corporate, other business units, DT security and compliance organization, internal customers, vendors and other key business partners.
- Work with key suppliers and customers to select, implement and support mobile devices, mobile device management system and mobile application management system for both BYOD and corporate devices.
- Responsible for evaluating and working with vendors and customers to implement virtual desktop infrastructure & virtual application solutions for productivity enhancements at remote sites.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields include Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, or Math/Science.
- Advanced degree preferred
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required).
- You're a U.S. Citizen (required due to government contractual requirements).
- You have 4 or more years hands-on technical experience in installation, setup, and configuration of enterprise-grade IT infrastructure and computing systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft O365 administration and implementation.
- Experience and strong knowledge of how to engineer a corporate Windows OS image including configuration settings, scripts, registry settings, system and application software installations along with experience testing and deploying large scale upgrades.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows PC imaging and distribution tools and processes including SCCM.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Active Directory, GPOs and OUs.
- Knowledge of PC Architecture and performance optimization.
- Experience coordinating and performing application testing on new Windows PC Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and introduce innovative technologies and processes to improve business productivity.
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, solve and remediate PC and mobile device problems in a complex infrastructure environment.
- Experience with root cause analysis methods.
- Advanced degree in a preferred field and related professional certifications
- Expert knowledge of PC management systems, application distribution systems and methodologies, specification and testing of equipment, development of workstation/laptop client processes and procedures, and management of application upgrades and installations.
- Experience with one or more of the following Microsoft products; SharePoint, Skype, Access, One Note, Planner, Sway, Forms, Stream, To Do, Flow, Delve, Power Apps, Power BI, Cloud PBX, PSTN Calling Plan, Audio Conferencing, Dynamics 365, Visio and Microsoft Project.
- MacOS experience.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, DNS, proxies, firewall rules and wireless LAN technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of Azure AD, ADFS, ADSync, ADConnect and Identity Management systems.
- Project Management skills with a history of delivering IT projects on time and on budget, and the ability to recognize areas for process improvement.
- Experience creating and managing IT infrastructure budgets.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes and deadlines along with being able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership.
- Expert ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate complex technical information and deliver briefings to senior staff
- You have an intense passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to produce clear documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner.
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience.
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization.
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity.
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01338312
Community / Marketing Title: Workplace Services Manager, Digital Technologies
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US