PDC 30K Program Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10148
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342155 Date posted 08/08/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The Product Delivery Center has an exciting employment opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the NGPF PW1100G-JM / PW1400G engine assembly line at the PDC Middletown Assembly Site. The selected candidate will support the MT engine assembly center in conjunction with P&W Operations Test and Materials Organization in the assembly, test and delivery of the NEO PW1100G-JM / PW1400G engines. They will serve as a focal point that works with but not limited to Supply Chain Quality, Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement and other functional disciplines to drive final delivery of engine assembly to Airbus and Pratt and Whitney Engine Leasing.
This position requires innovative approaches to problem solving, the ability to develop timely action plans for resolution, and the ability to coordinate implementation of corrective actions to the action plan developed. Strong quality system knowledge, familiarity with SAP System transactions, and the ability to query data from SAP and Solumina database systems is also desired. This position will require the selected candidate to work both independently and within team environments. Additional duties will include:
- Provide technical support and maintain a strong working relationship with the PW / Collins Aerospace manufacturing and podding teams.
- Coordinate timely resolution of QN MRB dispositions by serving as a liaison with the North Berwick QN processing center, MTU PW1100G-JM assembly plant (Munich) and the MT Quality Organization.
- Generate and process PW QNs to facilitate nonconforming material returns and Temporary Release process.
- Act as focal point for PDC Manufacturing Corrective Action Board (MCAB) process by sharing best practices across manufacturing sites and resolving systemic quality issues that arise through the MCAB process.
- Investigate and analyze any hardware/assembly concerns causing Engine Center quality and delivery issues by reviewing procedures, specifications, instructions, processes, and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawing, specifications, and standards in an effort to resolve Quality and Delivery concerns.
- Determine the proper disposition of nonconforming material when participating in the Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Generate, maintain, and provide quality metrics to the P&W Management team and oversee quality improvement programs.
- Help to create and implement standard work for all onsite processes.
- Serve as a customer interface for P&W program customers.
- Establish and maintain customer relations and other relevant functions, with respect to the quality for the PW1100G-JM program as appropriate for the entire engine assembly.
- Serve as a liaison to government and customer representatives for the Quality discipline as needed for this program.
- Travel may be up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contract
- Strong quality system knowledge and familiarity with SAP System transactions.
- Engine AssemblyÂ andÂ Test Experience Strongly desired.
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE); Value Stream Mapping, 5S - Workplace Organization, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance, Mistake Proofing, etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross functional teams.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100
- Ability to speak German a plus but not required
- Ability to process and communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342155
Community / Marketing Title: PDC 30K Program Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US