Customer Service Representative - Pratt & Whitney Springdale, AR
Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 10144
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01341149 Date posted 08/07/2019 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
We work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people like you that bring passion, collaboration and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
As part of it all, you'll have ample opportunity to use your outstanding skills crafting the future of flight - and building a truly rewarding career in the process.
This is a rare opportunity to join our Pratt & Whitney PSD, Inc. Customer Support team in Springdale, Arkansas.
PSD is a world leader in the repair of gas turbine cases. We're leading the repair development efforts on the newest engine platforms in the industry from the creative Geared Turbofan to the latest state of the art military engines.
Our customer base is worldwide, with over 50% of our business coming from overseas. We are also part of a worldwide network of engine overhaul shops and specialized repair centers supporting the aviation industry.
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic/team cross functional matrix environment working with both internal and external customers. If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your Role Qualifications:
- Communicate with customers (phone, fax and e-mail) regarding open orders/issues
- Strong computer skills, capable of maintaining date sensitive documentation system, and strong communication skills
- Address customer issues and ensure effective communication and long-term problem resolution. Daily/Weekly/Monthly performance reports
- Receive, investigate and respond to all customer inquires regarding shipments, products and complaints
- Input phone/fax orders and relative data into the computer
- Invoicing, status reports, track open orders, quotes and pricing
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests
- Partner with sales representatives to meet and exceed customer's expectations
- Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders
- Initiate tracers with carriers
- Maintain customer order file and initiate file maintenance for corrections to computer's customer file
- Serve as the customer's advocate
- Review customer orders to ensure order specific compliance.
- Request changes to the customers Purchase Order (PO) when necessary.
- Handle customers in a professional manner.
- Obtain customer feedback information.
- Maintain customer contact information and mailing lists, update and distribute as necessary.
- Maintain the quality folder by SO # with all pricing, quotes, EA requests, exchange offers, all approvals and correspondence.
- Maintaining the most recent specifications and communication with customer to prevent costly mistakes.
- Responsible for any other projects or activities assigned which are in the best interest of the Company.
- Follow company EHS rules and procedures, and report all unsafe acts and hazardous conditions
- Ensure a safe and balanced work environment
- Be knowledgeable of all the specific hazards by task associated with your job
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job and area you are assigned
- Understand and follow all established policies and work practices for your specific area
- Attend all assigned EH&S training throughout the year
- Support specific activities to meet EH&S goals
- Actively participate on EH&S Council subcommittee activities
- Report all injuries, hazardous conditions, spills and material releases and near misses
- Set a climate of voluntary compliance throughout the organization
- Establish a leadership role to ensure groups or individuals understand and stay in sync with all policies and procedures
- Meet all assigned auditing requirements
- Develop adequate root cause for all findings and ensure implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrences
- Conduct root cause and implement effective corrective actions for near misses, accidents and environmental releases.
- Track to completion to ensure no recurrences
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years' experience in customer support
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities
- Participation in materials and inventory management, and production scheduling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Safe work practices
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01341149
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Representative - Pratt & Whitney Springdale, AR
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US