Industrial Specialist – Enterprise Capacity
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10143
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01332194 Date posted 08/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Rate Readiness Specialist, Enterprise Capacity to be based in East Hartford, CT
You will work alongside and collaboratively with capacity leads that have responsibility for ensuring industrial capacity insights are generated in accordance with standard work to support the entire value stream of operations (PW Purchase, PW Make, and Partnerships).
- Leveraging our existing processes, tools and methods to identify part level risks for specific programs and communicate the identified risks to the appropriate internal customers.
- Acting as a central point of contact between our capacity team and the industrial teams to support new program Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) scoring efforts.
- Supporting program "Exploratory" demand change requests to engine production rates typically 3+ years out.
- Analyzing data to determine where capacity risks of a part or producer may affect other parts, producers or programs and communicate out to the responsible industrial team.
- Executing on our "Boost" process to analyze producerâ€s readiness to handle planned ramps in production rates for specific engine programs.
- Coordinate communication meetings with internal customers regarding results from our processes, tools and methods.
- Be a creative problem-solver, and exhibit leadership through direct and indirect means. You must have both a desire and an ability to create value for our internal customers in ways that may not currently exist.
- Ability to organize, analyze and communicate complex data sets.
- Develop/author and present senior level presentations, and participate in key meetings.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in engineering, supply chain management, project management or a related discipline
- 3 years experience in Industrial engineering, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement or a related field.
- US Citizen is required due to government programs
- Master's Degree in business, supply chain management or project management
- 5 years experience in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement or capacity.
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification Preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01332194
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Specialist – Enterprise Capacity
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US