ENG- HSE- Project Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10139
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340756 Date posted 08/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyone's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for an entry-level Engineer in Project Engineering to join our team in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the design, analysis and validation of the Combustor/Diffuser, Turbine, Augmenter and Exhaust Nozzle jet engine components which operate at substantially elevated temperatures.
In this role, you will:
- Manage task planning and budget through the use of EVMS management.
- Partner with leadership to resolve technical issues.
- Support production, field, and development activities.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams within the module center.
- Execute engineering standard work and drive tasks to completion through program milestones.
- Work closely with suppliers and outsourced resources, and communicate extensively with Program Office and Chief Engineer.
You will be a key member of the engineering team with cradle to grave hardware ownership. You will utilize excellent communication and partnership skills to operate across a wide range of disciplines and management levels; and partner with internal and external customers to meet requirements and expectations.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney! This is a unique opportunity for a college graduate to start a long career working state of the art technologies on the best engines in the world.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: B.S. or M.S. degree program in Engineering is required. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Ambitious with high energy while working well in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Internship experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership inside and/or outside of school is desired.
- The ability to attain security clearance is beneficial.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orienta
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340756
Community / Marketing Title: ENG- HSE- Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US