ENG- Associate Engineer - Aero Thermal Fluids
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10131
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337382 Date posted 08/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN) engineering team has an entry-level engineering opportunity for an Associate Engineer to perform thermal analysis of gas turbine bearing compartments, gearbox and oil/air service tubes/ducts for commercial and military aircraft applications.
You will be responsible for performing high quality physics-based thermal analysis working within a team of MSEN thermal engineers and collaborating with other design/analytical disciplines, CIPT and Project Engineers.
Key focus areas include:
Use of thermal analytics tools (e.g., ANSYS) and processes covering conductive, convective and radiative modes of heat transfer,
- Understanding of design/analysis inputs from across engineering disciplines,
- Use CFD-based thermal boundary conditions for higher fidelity model predictions,
- Apply statistical methods to thermal analytics to improve confidence level in model predictions,
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills to communicate learning across engineering disciplines and leadership team.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering required.
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Prior experience in aircraft engine design/analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications; PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and OneNote.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
- An active US government security clearance or the ability to obtain one is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337382
Community / Marketing Title: ENG- Associate Engineer - Aero Thermal Fluids
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US