ENG-HSE- Product Definition Drafting Technician
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10125
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339622 Date posted 08/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyoneâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) is currently looking for a highly motivated individual in Design/Drafting in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the design, analysis and validation of the Combustor/Diffuser, Turbine, Augmenter and Exhaust Nozzle jet engine components which operate at substantially elevated temperatures.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on various areas of the engine for both Military and Commercial engine programs.
You will provide support on a variety of engineering tasks within the Design/Drafting group, including:
- The manipulation and creation of 3D part models in our current graphics software and engineering drawings associated to those models.
- The creation of engineering documentation that aids in the release and revision of engineering drawings.
- The manipulation and creation of data management documents.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent years of experience.
- 0+ years of experience in drafting through education or work experience. with an Associates or Technical degree
- 1+ years experience in lieu of degree.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Drafting/ Product Definition experience.
- UGS NX graphics software
- Interns are encouraged to apply
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339622
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-HSE- Product Definition Drafting Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US