Senior Project Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10119
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340056 Date posted 08/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a fast paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a rare opportunity for a Senior Project Manager role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
The Senior Project Manager oversees and manages the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project manning and planning, project team, and line management.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The GTF Industrialization and Optimization team is chartered to ramp-up global engine overhaul and component repair capability and capacity.
- Accelerating Engine Center, component repair supplier readiness and capacity is a critical activity to support this ramp, as well as expand the core team of Industrialization Managers who are responsible for leading projects to support the ramp.
- Review status of projects and budgets, crafts and manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer happiness, goals and objectives.
- Regularly interact and collaborate with internal customers. May have business development responsibilities and lead a project team.
- You will work closely with a broad set of organizations and support the team with these key activities:
- Ready the global MRO network for engine configuration upgrades
- Work across engine centers / disassembly and assembly engineering teams to accelerate labor hour learning curves
- Lead or support projects that use standard methodologies across network engine centers to achieve cost reduction objectives
- Participate on IPT teams to ensure Industrialization and Optimization alignment
- Assist business development team with writing and presenting proposals for projects
- Brief senior management on project status, plans, and activities
- Ability to travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30%. You have or are willing to obtain a valid US Passport
- US Citizen due to government contracts.
- BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or other relevant discipline required.
- 7 years of experience in operations, after market operations or program management.
- Ability to travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30%. You have or are willing to obtain a valid US Passport.
- Experience with CIPTs, project management and operational readiness.
- Strong communication and collaboration, self-initiative, and creative problem solving.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340056
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Project Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US