Engine and Parts Inspector
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10111
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340473 Date posted 08/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
This position is part of the FAA drug and alcohol pool and subject to testing
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection to verify the proper assembly and disassembly of new and overhaul gas turbine engines and components.
- Follow procedures to determine extent and nature of repairs needed to restore parts and accessories to required specifications.
- Perform related inspection and process paperwork, in associated area.
- TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Work from written inspection procedures, drawings and other instructions to perform inspection of specified engine build or overhaul operations. Carry out required visual and dimensional inspection procedures prior to shipment. Refer for acceptance or identify non-conformance for quality
- review as appropriate and recommend necessary processes.
- Follow detailed instructions to assist with the evaluation of engine in need of repair or overhaul including taking of photographs and visually inspecting engine for needed repair. Perform routine inspection of parts, accessories or equipment and effect paperwork to refer for further processing.
- Coordinate parts for processing through overhaul or repair operations to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing.
- Evaluate paperwork. Determine change in processes as required, and reallocate parts to work centers as needed.
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results. Perform mathematical computations to determine extent of non-conformance.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspectorâ€s check list for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly.
- Assist others who are responsible for inspection processes and operations such as swaps and buys and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description.
- Refer problems to leader/supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individualâ€s skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned specialization.
- Must have good vision.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer Trade School Certification or Technical degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience using measuring devices on the job with tight tolerances
- 2 plus years experience in Inspection and use of measuring devices with tight tolerances experience
- Computer knowledge in SAP
- Have the ability to read Work orders and work instructions and interpret directions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340473
Community / Marketing Title: Engine and Parts Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US