Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10109
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340450 Date posted 08/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
- This position is part of the FAA drug and alcohol pool and subject to testing
- perform complicated bench repair, restoration and machining operations on engine
- Parts and tools to meet applicable part print and repair specifications.
- Holding parts and assemblies and tryout, machining hand and bench repair tasks to correct
- Deteriorated conditions and prepare and finish parts to quality requirements. Make tool and tooling details and reoperate spec AL adapters to accomplish assembly and metal cutting
- Typical duties:
- Under direction of leader/supervisor carryout fabrication, repair and restoration
- Projects for engine parts and related tooling and process development. Plan and layout
- Work requirements, obtain materials and setup operation sequences and flow.
- Select methods for engine part repair and tooling alteration using available equipment
- And recommend solutions to problems encountered while carrying out the work required.
- Perform complicated bench repair operations to restore parts where dimensional
- Requirements must be maintained to close tolerances using a variety of fixed and variable
- Precision measuring instruments.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the
- Work as necessary.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures
- And written Instructions-such as operator's check list for upkeep and to assure equipment
- Operates properly.
- Assist others responsible for new process tryout, and other specialized assignments within
- The scope and skill level of this job description.
- Refer difficulties to leader/supervisor.
- Maintain logs and records as requested to communicate findings and prepare requests for approvals.
- May be required to train for obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and
- Certifications within assigned area.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of
- This job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer Trade School Certification or Technical degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a US Citizen due to Government Contracts
- Ability to read measuring devices and experience working in close tolerances
- 2 years experience in parts machining or blender workmanship of manufactured parts.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340450
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Machinist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US