ENG-CSE Assoc, Design Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10102
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339824 Date posted 08/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
CSE Mechanical Design Engineer in Compression Systems. Working as part of multidiscipline teams (IPT) as Mechanical Engineer. Solve problems and optimize designs using Pratt & Whitney knowledge base, best practices and own creative skills. Part responsibilities can cover many types and modules - Blades/Vanes/Rotors/Cases/Actuation ofÂ Fan/Low Pressure Compressors.Â Â
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Design responsibility for components of Advanced Engine Design â€" Fans and Compressors
- Perform Advanced studies; progressing technology, preparing Proposals examining and conceiving of Intellectual Property (Patents)
- Key team member of multidisciplined team
- US Citizenship is required .
- In an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are:
- Mechanical Design
- Jet Engine / Airframe Design
- Graduating by Summer 2020
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Graphics Program Experience â€" Unigraphics / TeamCenter preferred
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- Have good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339824
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE Assoc, Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US