Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10086
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01336969 Date posted 08/01/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in many ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
We work with an explorer's heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, collaboration and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Purchasing Professional at our Charlottesville VA facility.
Applies basic skills in the execution of the Supply Chain existing policies and procedures;
- You will handle Capital Acquisition Requests (eCAR):
- You will create and accurately enter purchase orders from completed Purchase Request Forms (PRF)
- Purchase items on approved purchase orders
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Follow up on orders to ensure that items are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases and related matters
- Create and maintain positive professional relationships with vendors
- Provide requested reports and analysis
- 2 years+ of professional work experience in Purchasing, Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Engineering, Supply Chain or similar
- MBA preferred
- Attention to detail and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft office experience
- General computer knowledge
- Knows or be able to learn purchasing and other computer programs
- Ability to work in a team environment as well independently
- Solution oriented
- Work in dynamic environment
- Knowledge and experience of government contracts a plus
This position is exempt from FLSA regulations.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01336969
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Professional
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US