ENG-HSE- Durability Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10083
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340065 Date posted 08/01/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyone's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for a highly motivated entry-level Durability Engineer in Durability Engineering to join our team in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the design, analysis and validation the Combustor/Diffuser, Turbine, Augmenter and Exhaust
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney! This is a unique opportunity for a college graduate to start a long career working state of the art technologies on the best engines in the world.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- In this role, you will be responsible for completing technical assessments and analyses necessary to support the design, development, validation, production implementation and management of advanced and operational engines flying across the globe. You will work with the various hardware, components and systems that HSE owns including turbine airfoils and combustors.
- You will be an integral member of a team, working tasks and challenging problems focused on engine durability, capability, robustness, affordability and safety. The Durability discipline is highly specialized with particular focus on advanced cooling designs, aerodynamics, heat transfer, coatings, high-temperature aerospace alloys and manufacturing.
- You will collaborate with small teams and receive mentoring and coaching from experts and senior engineers in the field.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: B.S. or M.S. degree program in Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020 with an MS or a BS and have 2 years relevant experience
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications? (Suggestions below.)
- A solid academic record from a reputable institution including course work, grade point average, high-quality senior projects and/or research is required.
- The ideal candidates have an interest in the aerospace industry. Understanding and course work in aerodynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mathematics, computational modeling, coatings, aerospace materials, manufacturing and other topics related to hot section durability will be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed in this role. Proven leadership inside and/or outside of school is desired.
- The ability to attain security clearance would benefit the candidate.
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is highly preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340065
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-HSE- Durability Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US