ENG-Green Engine Aftermarket Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10082
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339746 Date posted 08/01/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Assist Global Services Engineering (GSE) REACh Program Manager and the P&W REACh Initiative Team with product regulatory compliance and customer Hazardous Materials Management requirements. The position will include interaction with engineering as well as other departments improving and maintaining our integrated Engineering, Supply Chain and Aftermarket IT solutions to ensure regulatory and customer contract compliance. Potential activities include:
- Research on chemical usage in repair and overhaul operations
- Data mining and manipulation in Excel and internal databases for hazardous materialsâ€ information, including regulatory status and chemical reporting.
- Assisting in improving database structure, interactions and reporting schema.
- Interaction with designers, supply chain and business unit operations to ensure new processes addresses business needs.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts â€<
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: pursuing an undergraduate degree in materials, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Good communication skills (written & oral) necessary. Teamwork & Analytical skills required. Excel and other database skills desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339746
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Green Engine Aftermarket Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US