ENG-Assoc Eng, Design Engrg
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10066
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339428 Date posted 07/31/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Provide design analytical support for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the design of gas-turbine compressor components.Â This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.Â Responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use CAD and classical methods for Design and layout, to determine fit, form, and function of turbine components, and optimization design.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and internal customers.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent).
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Coursework in mechanical design, with problem solving skills using design tools and skills to optimize design
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339428
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Assoc Eng, Design Engrg
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US