Commercial Aftermarket Transactional Sales Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10061
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339053 Date posted 07/31/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have a rare opportunity for a Commercial Aftermarket Transactional Sales Manager role at our East Hartford, CT campus.
In this role, you will report to the Associate Director, CE Aftermarket Sales and will support the Commercial Engines profit objectives.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead assigned customer sales campaigns as part of the Commercial Aftermarket Transactional Sales team, including providing CFT leadership, and communications to enable a high performance team
- Develop strategies and action plans to achieve short and long term Commercial Engine financial and operational goals, drive and execute developed strategy
- Identify, negotiate and assemble aftermarket opportunities, develop and implement strategies ensuring sales targets and compete/win rates are met or exceeded
- Drive customer interaction, developing and maintaining successful relationships, including detailed business presentations, negotiations and contract closings.
- Fully understand the marketplace and competitors, communicate up-to-date information on the customerâ€s plans and needs, find opportunities and threats and develop strategies to meet objectives and mobilize the resources of P&W to execute those initiatives.
- Establish, oversee and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships with Commercial Engines New Engine Business sales teams, CE Pricing team, CE Solutions Development team, Business Units General Managers and their teams, engineering, operations, legal and financial organizations to assess and support existing or potential aftermarket sales opportunities and handle strategic business opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities to ensure successful market penetration of new services.
- Coordinate with operations to ensure customer commitments are met and establish production readiness goals for new offerings.
- Maintain close interaction with financial organization, quarterly sales forecasting process, pricing issues and support of profitable goals of the Aftermarket Business.
- You will have the responsibility to brief senior managers as well as CE and Aftermarket Senior Leadership to seek internal alignment and consensus for deployment of strategic activities.
- Worldwide travel is required; travel estimated at 15-20%
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; preference is given to Business, Finance, Marketing degrees.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Business Sales required.
- MA/MS/MBA degree is a plus
- Proven capability developing growth strategies, commercial partnerships, and commercial deals.
- Experience working with operations entities (internal factories, supply chain).
- Excellent analytical skills evaluating commercial deals, financial forecasts, and operational performance.
- Effective social skills, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with senior executives, and to influence and work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability for Continuous Improvement and use of ACE tools.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339053
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Aftermarket Transactional Sales Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US