Software Engineer (CT3)
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10048
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337913 Date posted 07/30/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a new opportunity for Engineer, Software Engineering in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures hardware and software standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Design and develop Web Applications and Microsoft Excel, Access database, Microsoft Project Server based solutions for medium to high user volume applications using the software development principles
- Support team members to architect, develop and maintain Excel, Access database, Microsoft Project Server based solutions to support Engineering, Finance/Contracts and Operations
- Optimize current Excel, Access database, Microsoft Project Server-based solution
- Ensures Common Technology Tools Team (CT3) web applications are implemented flawlessly
- Help with maintaining windows scheduled tasks
- Debug and solve problems with vb and vb.net applications
- Help internal customers over the phone/IM/Email by debugging and fixing problems in our tools
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Works on assigned tasks autonomously with moderate supervision
- Programming Language: C#, MVC, .net, VB/VB.net
- More than 1 years of experience with C#, MVC, .net, VB/VB.net
- 3 years of related experience in software development experience
- Knowledge of computer data structures and algorithms
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge or experience in Python
- Knowledge or experience in AI
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Understanding of database / DBA experience
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337913
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (CT3)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US