ENG-HSE- Design Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10033
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339565 Date posted 07/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyoneâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for an entry-level Engineer in Design Engineering to join our team in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the design, analysis and validation of the Combustor/Diffuser, Turbine, Augmenter and Exhaust Nozzle jet engine components which operate at substantially elevated temperatures.
In this role you will be part of the multidisciplinary integrated product team (IPT). You will have responsibility for the overall component or module design and will balance requirements across disciplines to produce a well-balanced and robust design.
- Collect and organize system/ module level requirements to create or modifying existing designs dependent on the phase of the program.
- Provide feedback to all disciplines on the design progress and potential impact on analysis.
- Update IPT status and metrics such as weight, cost, and schedule.
- Generate and document information in order to support design reviews.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney! This is a unique opportunity for a college graduate to start a long career working state of the art technologies on the best engines in the world.
- Ambitious with high energy while working well in teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Internship experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership inside and/or outside of school is desired.
- The ability to attain security clearance is beneficial.
- Completion of a B.S. or M.S. degree program in Engineering is required. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is highly preferred.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Candidates expecting to graduate within the next 12 months are encouraged to apply.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339565
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-HSE- Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US