Associate Machine Operator - 5th Shift
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 10011
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338914 Date posted 07/29/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
- Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Machine Operator to be based in Clayville, New York.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Duties for the Machine Operator:
Summary of Responsibilities:
With continued direction produce quality uncomplicated production parts per print specifications.
- Under direct and continued training, demonstrate proper work methods and procedures, use of tools and equipment and safe work practices.
- Run written programs, as necessary, for CNC machines to produce production parts.
- As needed, perform simple machining operations to support cell deliveries with continual direction.
- Comply with all HMI rules and regulations outlined in the employee handbook. May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one's skills.
- Adhere to ACE guidelines and perform ACE duties as required. Adhere to all EH & S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment.
- Requires knowledge of basic machine shop practices.
- Use basic shop mathematics and work with a variety of precision measuring instruments, with continued guidance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. independently.
- Experience 3-6 months.
- Must be physically capable of: bending, lifting, squatting, twisting, overhead reaching, standing on feet for long period of time - up to 8 hrs, and climbing stairs.
- This is a 5th Shift : Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 pm-7:00 am
- High School Diploma or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 3- 6 months Manufacturing experience or technical training or prior military experience
- 1-5 years experience in established CNC operation
- Proficient with use of machine tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Work towards ACE Associates certification
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The principle duties of this position are to operate and set-up all conventional types of machine shop equipment and read and interpret complex work instructions and blue prints. Excellent social, planning and organizational skills are needed for a team oriented work environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01338914
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Machine Operator - 5th Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US