ENG- CSE- Intern -FL
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10005
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338264 Date posted 07/29/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our team.
Our 2020 summer Project Interns will work in the Compression Systems Engineering Module Center and would support Military Engine Hardware in our West Palm Beach location.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support Senior Engineers to meet technical milestones and hardware delivery requirements for the F135 High Pressure Compressor (HPC) CIPT
- Support the F135 HPC Production Hardware activities to achieve delivery rates.
- Support F135 HPC Fleet Sustainment initiatives to maintain fleet readiness .
- Plan task budgets and schedules in accordance with program negotiated work
- Prepare and present task status and technical content to the IPT, CIPT leadership.
- Develop risk assessments and mitigation plans,
- Support processing Class 2 engineering changes
- Support field investigation teams to resolve root cause and corrective actions
- Assist evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances (QNs), MERLIN's , Field Malfunction Reports (FMR's).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Mechanical or Aerospace
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- 2-3 year of Engineering course work required
- Previous Engineering internships preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01338264
Community / Marketing Title: ENG- CSE- Intern -FL
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US