Assembly Tool Project Engineer
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9886
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329152 Date posted 07/19/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives?
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
In this role as Assembly Tool Project Engineer, your focus would be to plan and develop tooling methods for the assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and test of Pratt & Whitney commercial and military jet engines. Project Engineer would exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment during the development of assembly tooling.
- Analyze, plan and establish tool requirements to support assembly/disassembly of validation/production engines/modules.
- Technical writing of tool usage instructions.
- Participate in P&W Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to help ensure assembly tooling designs can be produced, supported and maintained.
- Develop concepts for assembly/disassembly procedures.
- Participate in development and qualification of assembly tooling.
- Provide floor support of new or modified tooling.
- Manage outsource of planning tasks with both local and low cost providers.
- Interface with customer and supplier representatives to identify requirements and resolve assembly tooling related issues.
- Manage program tasks to ensure tooling is delivered on time and within budget.
- There is 10% domestic travel associated with this role.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years' engineering experience OR Advanced Degree, and minimum 3 years' engineering experience.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contract.
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly concepts.
- Knowledge of various types of special assembly support tooling.
- Ability to interpret and work from engineering and tool drawings.
- Understanding of manufacturing practices, jet engine assembly/disassembly and maintenance procedures are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain government security clearance.
If you encourage working in a dynamic environment and possessing the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329152
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Tool Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US