Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 9840
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01334966 Date posted 07/16/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. Pratt & Whitney HMI Metal powders manufactures nickel super alloy products for use in rotor grade raw material in the aerospace industry. We are seeking a highly motivated Accounting Specialist.
- You will lead month and year-end close process
- You will conduct inventory and cost analysis
- General Ledger maintenance
- Capital and fixed asset maintenance
- Inter-co accounting advice and accounting confirmation
- Monthly allocation entries and financial reporting
- Quarterly & annual tax reporting
- Annual physical inventory
- Management control review
Sarbanes Oxley compliance implementation and testing
Do you have these Basic qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ yrs of accounting experience
What about these Preferred qualifications?
- Masters degree
- Understanding of accounting principles and business controls
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills to tackle complex problems and provide recommendations
- Strong social skills with ability to work with individuals and/or teams at all levels
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup) and proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Inclusion Powers Innovation:
- We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
- The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- For the fourth consecutive year, readers of Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology named Pratt & Whitney a "Best Diversity Company."
- United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01334966
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US