APU Specialist - Field Services
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9753
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01331160 Date posted 07/10/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a APU Customer Support Engineer to join our team.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
This is a unique opportunity to support the Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) business as a Customer Support Engineer (CSE) in the P&W Military Customer Support & Services (MCS&S) organization. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to lead ongoing efforts to support numerous APU world-wide military customers. You will also be responsible for coordinating technical issue resolution among many value stream groups within the P&W/P&W Canada/Hamilton Sundstrand Poland APU business.
- Provide timely responses to numerous technical questions to ensure uninterrupted daily flight operations.
- Support critical field issues offsite, potentially at remote locations
- Provide customer technical training and maintenance awareness reviews
- Coordinate field component investigations
- Coordinate resolution of field quality issues
- Document and communicate field issue resolution to customer via position paper & final letters
- Resolve technical documents/maintenance manual issues
- Input and give approval for Service Bulletins (SB) and repair procedures
- Compile, manage, and analyze field reliability data, and customer/supplier technical data
- Monitor and manage customer satisfaction
- Lead FAA 21.3 reporting processes and formal reviews for APU TSO
- Support Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Aftermarket APU/LRU for quality and technical dispositions, including tracking and analysis of these dispositions
- Support engineering change processes by providing field support impacts and field implementation plans
- Support worldwide approved repair facilities.
- Aid in the set up and correlation requirements for new ARF (Approved repair facility)
Education / Certifications
- BS degree in engineering or technical field preferred
- 5+ years with aircraft/engine and/ or maintenance/mechanic experience
- 2+ years' experience reporting technical topics/data
- U.S. Citizen due to DoD federal laws
- Knowledge of APU operation
- Experience with APU maintenance on-off aircraft, troubleshooting, assembly-disassembly, inspection, support equipment and technical manuals
- Experience with root cause analysis/investigations and technical report writing
- Ability to effectively address customer technical inquiries and drive them to closure by due date
- Excellent ability to communicate and coordinate activities across functional groups/departments
- Experience providing technical training
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01331160
Community / Marketing Title: APU Specialist - Field Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US