Computer Aided Manufacturing Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9615
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01317963 Date posted 06/27/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow?Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney's Core Manufacturing Engineering organization is currently seeking a qualified Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) Engineer with expertise in building post processors for complex CNC machine tools such as multi-axis mills and lathes. P&W manufactures complex aerospace components for commercial and military engine programs. You will provide innovative post processor solutions to P&W's Module Center Operations and Repair Operations with occasional support to P&W suppliers and partners. You will work effectively with manufacturing engineers, NC programmers and CAM applications engineers to deliver solutions that enable utilization of the full machine control technology. Typical responsibilities include;
- Provide full post processor support for process development as well as process improvement.
- Provide leadership and expertise to implement innovative post processing techniques demonstrating efficient CAM technology and mistake proofing methods.
- Act as point of contact for user help and training.
- Lead and control post processor libraries for appropriate user access.
- Support continuous improvement of documented standard methodologies and standard work for the NC programming community.
- Expertise with NX post processor by Siemens PLM Software and its interaction with NX Manufacturing. Post Builder, Machine Configurator, Post Configurator, IS&V knowledge preferred.
- Strong understanding of machine tool kinematics and ancillary machine tool functions.
- Advanced experience in TCL programming is necessary; a full understanding in other programming languages including NX Open, Python, C and Perl is highly desirable.
- Full understanding of software configuration management principles.
- Concepts and application of verification and advanced software tools and their interaction with the NX post processor.
- Familiarity with modern machine controls such as Siemens, Fanuc, and Okuma.
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance the priorities of multiple customers.
Travel Requirements 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6 years experience with machine control logic and post processor creation.
- Requires working knowledge of CAD/CAM applications, CNC controls and machining techniques.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated programming skills with C/C++, GUI development with GTK or QT
- Prior use of Data Acquisition Systems, or an understanding of their concepts
- Working knowledge Real-Time programming experience
- System design and integration skills
- Strong, well-adapted approach to software engineering life cycle
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01317963
Community / Marketing Title: Computer Aided Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US