Application Support Engineer, Senior Associate
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9604
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01328066 Date posted 06/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Secured Computing organization has an opening for an Application Support Engineer to support a variety of scientific, engineering and program management applications across multiple environments.
The Application Support Engineer position works closely with customers and team members on application distribution, installation, configuration and testing. This position will plan and execute in larger installation and configuration efforts as well as provide end-user troubleshooting support.
This position may require approximately 10% after-hours duties on a monthly basis.Â The ideal candidate will have an active/transferrable US Government secret security clearance and must be a US citizen.Â You will be required to certify in industry standard Security (Security+ or better) and specific applications as needed by the organization.
- Package & Install commercial and in-house applications in Windows and Linux command-line
- Interface with customers for requirements, installation, configuration and testing of scientific, engineering and program management applications
- Troubleshoot application issues to determine if the origin is software, network, data access, user environment, OS or licensing.
- Configure and Troubleshoot applications such as Primavera, Deltek Apps, Ansys & Matlab
- Provide basic database administration for Oracle & Microsoft SQL Server
- Support application currency, patching and upgrades
- Provide basic end-user support on installed and web-based applications
- Create and maintain standard-work documentation for future installations
Minimum Education & Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 2 â€" 5 years of related experience
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain US Government Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security+ and Technical certifications
- Must have experience packaging, installing and configuring applications in Linux and Windows
- Must have a working knowledge of Linux and Windows commands and file system structures
- Ability prioritize work andÂ manage multiple projects priorities
- General Troubleshooting
- Documentation, Standard work, Process Improvements and Root Cause Corrective Action Skills
- Must work collaboratively to help other team members and internal customers
- Must be able to think â€out-of-the-boxâ€ to provide solutions in a non-standard production environment
Government SECRET Security Clearance desirable
Security+ and/or Certified Information Systems Security Practitioner (CISSP/CASP)
- Experience with Primavera, Deltek Cobra, PM Compass, wInsight, Acument, or other EVMS software systems
- Oracle and SQL Server Database skills
- Higher level Windows and Linux skills
- General knowledge of scripting languages including Perl, Linux shell, and DOS
- Excellent time management
- You have an intense passion for learning and an ability to learn new applications and other skills as required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01328066
Community / Marketing Title: Application Support Engineer, Senior Associate
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US