Associate Director, Turbojet Programs
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9581
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329400 Date posted 06/25/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. We craft and develop state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofan, for commercial and military aircraft. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world. The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The P&W Military Engines Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) & Turbojet (TJ) Business Unit, located in West Palm Beach, Florida has an immediate opening for a high-energy, analytical, and strategic Associate Director, Turbojet Programs. Do you have the experience to join our team?
- Acts as Program Leader of Turbo Jet business pillar accountable to APU & TJ Program Director for achievement of total Program venture (P&L, Quality, Delivery and Customer Satisfaction).
- Develop and implement an Expendable Propulsion business strategy in conjunction with Integrated Customer Solutions to gain >90% market share by 2022 at 20% Gross Margin. The strategy should include the product, capabilities, technology improvements and cost objectives required to meet the desired goal.
- Track, pursue and win all known opportunities within a 10 year horizon that fit the agreed business strategy.
- Lead a team of Program Managers (leaders of IMPTs) responsible for execution of current TJ development and production programs
- Maintain accountability and authority to ensure all program objectives and goals are adequately addressed.
- Resolve conflicting program priorities between Customer, Contracts, Operations, Supply Chain, Aftermarket and all other internal and external partners.
- Ensure flow down of contract requirements and commitments are communicated, recognized in the business cases and functional commitments are obtained prior to contract execution.
- Manage contract change control processes.
- Ensure program compliance with P&W policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with government contracting regulations, EAR, ITAR and UTC Code of Ethics, including with customers, partners and suppliers
- Deliver results on time and within the agreed budget - Establish customer satisfaction goals and ensure they are met.
- 10+ years of experience in program management, operations, supply chain and materials, and/or 10+ years of being a project engineer with demonstrated abilities and broad skill sets
-5+ years of leadership role
- 10+ years of experience Microsoft tools, (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, MS Project)
- 10+ years of demonstrated superiority with written and oral communication skills, building and giving presentations to a professionally diverse audience that includes leadership and customers
- 10+ years of demonstrated business judgment, leadership, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years of proven enhanced communications and teaming ability to influence and build consensus at every level
- US Citizen, or green card holder due to government contracts
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
EEO/AAP STATEMENT United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329400
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Turbojet Programs
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US