Assembly and Test Inspector (LG05)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9432
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01325515 Date posted 06/10/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Assembly and Test Inspector on 2nd shift! The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered You will be a part of the Aftermarket Operations team supporting the overhaul of PW1100G-JM within the WPB facility. Upon transition into the Aftermarket Operations team, it will be a requirement that the selected individual enter, and satisfactorily remain within the FAA covered work pool. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement. Duties:
- You will monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engines and components, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Participating on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- While a member of the team you will stay in sync with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices. Visually inspect turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
- You will inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check test stands for surplus parts, hardware or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements. Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements.
- Referring variances to higher graded Inspector or Supervisor. Conduct audits when required and report findings. This could be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift position.
- You will carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 1-2+ years of Jet Engine Mechanic and Inspection experience
- A&P license required
- 3+ years of Jet Engine Mechanic and Inspection experience
- Previous MRO/FAR 145 repair station experience is preferred or Equivalent Military Experience
- Well-rounded knowledge of FAA and aviation standards, jet engine design and operation, jet engine hardware and components, instrumentation installations, engine assembly or test stand experience.
- 1+ year experience SAP, Solumina experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain certifications to operate powered industrial vehicles.
- May be asked to work varying shifts as needed.
- Creative troubleshooting skills.
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01325515
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly and Test Inspector (LG05)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US