AEP Earned Value Program Analyst
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9411
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01319339 Date posted 06/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
AEP Earned Value Program Analyst
This position supports Pratt & Whitney's Military Engine Programs and is located in East Hartford, CT. The Military Engines Earned Value Analysis & Reporting (EVA&R) organization is looking for a self-motivated and disciplined individual to join its team as a Manager. This position provides the candidate with a unique opportunity to exercise strong leadership skills through permanent interface with the Government customer, Program Management Office, Program Planning & Scheduling, and Engineering organizations. While performing this role, the ideal candidate will provide guidance and analysis in the areas of Project Management, Budgeting, Scheduling, and Variance Analysis used in the execution of Military Engines programs.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- You will prepare the monthly Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) in accordance with the Data Item Description (DI D) guidelines
- Coordinate and provide guidance to the technical areas as they develop, and plan and analyze tasks
- Provide guidance to Program Management to ensure adherence to the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- You will also perform risk assessments and scenario analyses associated with task budgeting and program performance
- Support Monthly Program Review preparation activities
- Support monthly Program Estimate-at-Completion reviews
- Facilitate monthly data reconciliation
- Support on-going compliance reviews and/or periodic process audits (e.g., DCAA, DCMA, and Joint Surveillance Reviews)
- Ensure proper implementation of EVMS through the use of standardized processes, tools, and reports
Do you have the experience to join our team?
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required
- 7+ years experience working with business analytics, finance, and/or forecasting, including:
o Experience as an Earned Value Analyst
o High proficiency with MS Excel
- Candidate will be a US Citizen, due to federal contracts
Or these Preferred Qualifications?
- We'd like you to have the ability to communicate effectively and coordinate amongst a diverse team on individuals
- Strict attention to detail and relentless internal and external customer satisfaction focus is required to ensure the team meets the aggressive demands of military compliance programs
- Focused on results and drive multiple and often competing tasks to completion
- Superior analytical problem-solving skills - ambitious, dedicated, and solution-oriented
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical, and deduction skills, as well as continuous improvement principles (e.g., ACE)
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across functions, organizations, and levels of management
- Comfortable executing under the pressures of a highly active environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a highly professional demeanor
- Comfortable presenting data to audiences and subject matter experts of different functions
- Knowledge and experience with our Program Management toolset (i.e., SAP, Dassian, Primavera, and WInsight)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01319339
Community / Marketing Title: AEP Earned Value Program Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US