Airfoil Cell Operator (3rd shift)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9328
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01322350 Date posted 05/29/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We are looking for Airfoil Cell Operators to support our East Hartford, CT location.
- Set up and operate more than one machine tool or process equipment type and operate a variety of unrelated machine tool or process equipment types to produce precision turbine engine parts within an assigned area.
- Perform work where methods and techniques are established and tooling is provided.
- Assist others responsible for new or changed process development.
- Follow standard practices, work from operation sheets, drawings, computer generated information, and other pertinent instructions to setup, operate and adjust machines or equipment to achieve dimensional integrity and required finish characteristics of production turbine engine parts.
- Utilize a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check and verify dimensions. Perform datum, part and tool probe functions where appropriate.
- Use OpCert and other computer-based systems to retrieve and store information and records. Check parts for handling damage and ensure all OpCert functions are closed out before proceeding to subsequent step.
- Plan and perform bench assembly tasks, finishing and rework operations. Use hand and power tools and other task specific equipment as needed, to improve part surface imperfections at the final stages of the manufacturing process where dimensional specifications, as well as cosmetic appearance, are critical.
- Work from quality review and corrective work documents to perform rework and repair of parts using prescribed techniques and procedures. Develop personal techniques necessary to re-operate parts at close tolerance.
- Follow standard practices and operating procedures to setup and operate manual and automatic part treatment equipment such as plasma sprayers, dry bake ovens and painting equipment. Prepare parts, load and monitor furnaces to perform a variety of heat treatment and braze operations. Perform routine maintenance and servicing of spray guns, nozzles, seals and filters related to process equipment within the assigned area.
- Work under the direction of engineers and other service group personnel to develop new or changed operations, which could involve tryout of control programs, new equipment, cutting tools and holding devices. Make recommendations for changing speeds and feeds and to improve or refine the production process.
- Perform the work necessary to prepare parts, setup, adjust and operate inertia bond and electron beam weld equipment. Perform hand fusion tack weld in preparation for electron beam welding. Operate spin test and part balance equipment.
- Assist others responsible for new part process tryout, repair of equipment, and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description.
- Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- Perform routine servicing throughout assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions, such as operators' checklist, for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly. May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2+ years CNC set-up and operation experience or equivalent trade school or apprentice shop experience.
- Experience using inspection tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic computer controls.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/ Military Aircraft manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform basic math
- 1-2+ years experience in manufacturing
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01322350
Community / Marketing Title: Airfoil Cell Operator (3rd shift)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US