Assembly and Test Inspector
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9148
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01312511 Date posted 05/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Assembly and Test Inspector to be based in West Palm Beach, FL.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? Opportunities exists on 2nd shift for you to join us as our next Assembly and Test Inspectors! You will be part of the Aftermarket Operations team supporting the overhaul of PW1100G-JM within the WPB facility. Upon transition into the Aftermarket Operations team, it will be a requirement that the selected individual enter, and satisfactorily remain within the FAA covered work pool.
Typical duties you will preform:
- Monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engines and components, ensuring all requirements are met. Participate on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Stay in sync with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices. Visually inspect turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
- Inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check test stands for surplus parts, hardware or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements. Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements. Refer variances to higher graded Inspector or Supervisor. Conduct audits when required and report findings.
- You should have well-rounded knowledge of aero-propulsion systems; including but not limited to, hardware, components, instrumentation installations, and test stand configurations. This role requires up to one year work related experience ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions to fabricate, configure, install, remove/replace and set up a variety of power systems, components, modules, test stands, and associated equipment.
- High School/ GED
- 1+ Year experience Inspection experience in Overhaul and Repair
- 3+ Years experience working in Aviation Engine Repair
- A&P Licence or Military Equivalent Experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01312511
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly and Test Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US