Alternate Work Week Engineering Manager
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 9119
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01315462 Date posted 05/08/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The AWW Manager provides ownership and accountability for all production and overhaul related multi-functional IPT activity of the CEC (Columbus Engineering Center) organization during the AWW period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6 AM-6PM. This includes all IPT support for Columbus Forge disks and blades operations, as well as support for the Engine Center overhaul of the GTF family of engines.
This is a highly-visible and great career opportunity that could lead to higher positions within the engineering, quality and operations organizations. The AWW Managerâ€s ability to clearly communicate with Columbus Forge and Columbus Engine Center management, program management, and senior engineering leadership is important to success. Precise and efficient communication and presentation skills are required. You will manage and execute tasks including, but not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, Stop Delivery Orders, initiating Minor Deviations;
- Completing FAI Reviews and ESA approvals; and writing/updating Product Production Specifications, while ensuring that P&Wâ€s Engineering Standard Work processes are adhered to.
- Providing close support for CEC standard work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers.
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and providing Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift.
- Multi-functional organization of different engineering disciplines.
- Ensuring employee satisfaction, crafting annual objectives, conducting performance discussions and salary merit discussions, and ensuring employee personal development plans are crafted and executed.
- Providing creative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements o Communicating effectively, especially during standard shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to standard shift handoffs o In addition to direct reports, the AWW Manager will have dotted-line support from other disciplines as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 8+ years of engineering experience with a Bachelorâ€s degree OR 5+ years of engineering experience with a Masterâ€s degree.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Aerospace engineering industry experience. o Masterâ€s degree in Engineering or MBA o Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Demonstrated excellent customer facing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / manage multiple multi-functional teams to achieve results.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01315462
Community / Marketing Title: Alternate Work Week Engineering Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US