Structural Engineer, Military Repairs
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7152
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01275925 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Global Services Engineering (GSE) develops innovative repair solutions for components of all Pratt & Whitney commercial and military engines, to economically return engines to service. The GSE Structures Group is looking for an experienced Structures Engineer to join the Military Structures team in E. Hartford. This team has responsibility for performing the structural analysis of military engine hardware repairs to ensure structural integrity is maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Structural analysis of repairs for static and rotating hardware using finite element tools and closed form solutions.
- Evaluation of structural criteria such as LCF, fracture, strength, creep, and vibration.
- Thorough documentation of analysis results and recommendations in a Structural Analysis Memo.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to other team members.
- Strong proficiency and a demonstrated record of accomplishments in the structures discipline is expected.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing structural analysis.
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Advanced degrees may benefit the candidate.
- Experience using ANSYS and Unigraphics/NX is advantageous.
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Positive Relationships
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01275925
Community / Marketing Title: Structural Engineer, Military Repairs
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US