F117 Process and Methods Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 6553
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01268471 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky is the limit.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
The Pratt & Whitney Oklahoma City Heavy Maintenance Center (HMC) Manufacturing Process and Methods Engineer (PME) will provide manufacturing process engineering work instructions and technical mentorship to facilitate dis-assembly, repair, assembly and testing of gas-turbine engines at the maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in support of production delivery schedule.
Responsibilities: If you are the right candidate, you should have these qualities:
Ability to provide timely work scope definitions for engine and/or module repair that are comprehensive, clear, concise, cost effective, and meets customer-defined requirements
You should be able to read and provide interpretation of Engine Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Standard Practice Manual, Blueprints and Component Maintenance Manuals as necessary to support production
Provide disposition to work requests/work package changes using standard work processes and approved technical references for released work control documents
Create and maintain travelers and work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products
Perform Six-sigma and lean engineering analyses to improve product/process development and sustain production.
Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control
Participate in teams reviewing and investigating deficient material or product quality deficiencies; write thorough, concise and technically sound reports as required
You should be able to utilize your experience to develop and/or utilize robust standard work and desk procedures for HMC engineering processes
Perform any other related functions or support other MRO production lines as required by management to ensure the success of the enterprise
- BA/BS degree w/2+ yearsâ€ experience and ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings Â or MA/MS degree withÂ minimum 1 year experience
- 1 year Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Visio
- US Citizen due to Government contracts
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings and able to understand refer to and interpret Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) dimensioning and third view projection blueprints
- Knowledge and experience using precision measuring instruments
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP, Oracle or Infor is a definite plus
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams on a wide variety of tasks and with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, policies, procedures and best practices
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01268471
Community / Marketing Title: F117 Process and Methods Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US