Assoc Dir, Global Site Infrastructure Services
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12564
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01395393 Date posted 03/23/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Digital Technology â€" Global Sites & Network Services team provides a reliable, stable, and compliant IT foundation that allows the company to operate at a peak level of performance at all times.
The Associate Director of Global Site Infrastructure Services will manage a growing team of remote employees who are responsible for the delivery of infrastructure services at their respective sites.
This position will be based out of our East Hartford, CT headquarters with occasional travel to domestic, and potentially international sites.
- Directly manage a team of professionals.
- Be responsible for all IT Infrastructure components at the sites; including desktops, servers, storage, WAN, and LAN.
- Ensure that the local professionals deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that the sites comply with laws, industry best practices, UTC and Pratt & Whitney policies, and architectural standards.
- Facilitate audits and ensure assigned corrective actions are completed on time.
- Work with business partners to design specific solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Act as an escalation point for infrastructure issues.
- Provide in-depth root cause analysis when necessary.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
The position requires strong teamwork, communication, and collaboration with remote site management, outsourced IT partners, customers, security, compliance officials and other members of the DT organization. A strong desire to continue to learn and remain on the forefront of relevant technologies is essential.
â€<Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Networking, Business Analytics, Engineering, or Business Management
- 5+ plus years hands-on technical experience in project management with any combination of the following: installation, setup, and configuration of enterprise-grade IT infrastructure
- 3+ plus years executive presentation experience and are comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership.
- You're a U.S. Citizen (required due to government contractual requirements)
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Advanced degrees or certificates.
- You have the ability to lead, facilitate and manage change effectively.
- Ability to communicate business needs and interpret high level business requirements, and liaise between business customers, technology teams and support teams.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates.
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands.
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity.
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner.
- You have 5 or more years managerial experience with multiple direct reports
- Project Management/ITIL certifications.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, or other similar Service Desk tools.
- SAP (ERP) experience.
- IT experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Six-Sigma, Process Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01395393
Community / Marketing Title: Assoc Dir, Global Site Infrastructure Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US