Aftermarket Supplier Performance Senior Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12541
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01395425 Date posted 03/18/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Aftermarket Supplier Performance Senior Manager at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
The Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supplier Performance Team is responsible for working closely with suppliers, partners and engine centers across the globe to ensure the delivery of affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs.
Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting suppliers to ensure they meet our contractual turn-around time (TAT), key metrics, and achieve success in their lean journey towards supplier gold.
Other responsibilities of the organization include driving on-time delivery, supplier health assessment, quality, TAT escalation processes for the entire aftermarket supply chain value stream. This role will support GTF supplier performance.Â Â
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be responsible in selecting, deploying and training Supplier Development Leads (SDLâ€s) who will work directly with the strategic GTF suppliers around the world.
- You will help establish this growing organization, in deploying the SDLâ€s around the world (4-6 SDLâ€s), training them and driving supplier improvement, OTD data and understanding and reporting supplier capacity.
- You would be involved in setting up the organization to also provide training and coaching for new suppliers and SDLâ€s.
- You would assess cell design, capacity assessment, equipment maintenance, EH&S issues, and shop cleanliness.
- Supplier performance also works to improve the relationship between Pratt & Whitney and the supplier by improving communications.Â
- Select, deploy and manage the Supplier Development Leads at key suppliers.
- Conduct training and coaching with the SDLâ€s and suppliers to develop the team
- Interact with the commodity management and account management team to leverage help with supplierâ€s performance.
- Perform assessments of the supplierâ€s capability to perform and sustain performance through the Lean AssessmentÂ
- Engage with the supplier to develop action plan (SCIP) to close the gaps between current state and gold level performance.
- Track supplier performance and supplier gold progression towards supplier gold.
- Establish leading indicators of performance and track weekly, on-site at supplier
- Intervene as required to expedite deliveries and/or resolve quality issues
- Experience in aftermarket Quality, FAR 145 shops and/or Continuous Improvement roles
- Strong Leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in business performance using ACE tools
- Highly effective team player able to develop and sustain team commitment and ownership
- Hands on experience with strong structured project management and problem solving skills in using ACE tools
- Ability to work and communicate with the entire workforce: from convincing a shop floor operator to try a new work sequence to having strategic discussions with both PW supply chain team and supplier leadership team about overall approach and focus for Supplier Gold
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can act with little guidance
- Ability to initiate, lead and sustain change activities at the supplier
- Highly adaptable person o Six-Sigma Black belt or Greenbelt
- ITC / BAER experience
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or related field
- US Citizenship is a requirement.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in supply chain or working with suppliers is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Preferred candidate will have MBA
- ACE Certification Program (ACP) Practitioner Operations preferred, Business Process Practitioner optional
- Six-Sigma Black belt or Greenbelt preferred
- UTC SHA certified assessor preferred
- ITC / BAER experience preferred
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01395425
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Supplier Performance Senior Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US