Aftermarket Supplier Development Lead (SDL) Northeast US Region
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12539
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01394422 Date posted 03/18/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of Aftermarket Supplier Development Lead at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
The Supplier Development Lead position (SDL) requires working on site at Pratt & Whitney Maintenance and Repair (MRO) suppliers in the Northeast region to assist them on their journey to supplier gold level performance.
This role involves training and coaching for root cause analysis of delivery and quality misses, lean manufacturing, cell design, capacity assessment, equipment maintenance, EH&S issues, and shop cleanliness.
You will also work to improve the relationship between Pratt & Whitney and the supplier by improving communications, reducing financial risks, and developing long term relationships.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- On-site at supplier(s) 80% of their time
- 20% of the time working from office
- Perform assessments of the supplierâ€s capability to perform and sustain performance through the Lean Assessment
- Engage with the supplier to develop/maintain action plan (SCIP) to close the gaps between current state and future level performance.
- Track SCIP and drive closure of each item and track supplier performance.
- Conduct training and coaching on-site at the supplier to develop their team
- Follow-up with the PW team to find root cause and corrective actions for supplier delivery turn backs.
- Establish leading indicators of performance and track weekly, on-site at supplier
- Intervene as required to expedite deliveries and/or resolve quality issues
- Extended travel 15-20%
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or similar field is required.
- US Citizenship is a requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in supply chain or working with suppliers is required.
- Additional experience in Quality, and/or Continuous Improvement roles
- Strong Leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in business performance using ACE tools
- Highly effective team player able to develop and sustain team commitment and ownership
- Hands on experience with strong structured project management and problem solving skills in using ACE tools
- Six-Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- You can work and communicate with the entire workforce: from convincing a shop floor operator to try a new work sequence to having strategic discussions with both PW supply chain team and supplier leadership team about overall approach and focus for Supplier Gold
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can act with little guidance
- You can initiate, lead and sustain change activities at the supplier
- Highly adaptable person
- ACE Certification Program (ACP) Practitioner Operations preferred, Business Process Practitioner optional
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01394422
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Supplier Development Lead (SDL) Northeast US Region
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US