2nd Shift Quality Cell Leader
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12528
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01394877 Date posted 03/17/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
The P&W Compression System Module Center (CSMC) in Middletown, CT is looking for a motivated, high energy 2nd ShiftQuality Cell Leader to guide the assigned inspection area in all facets of supervision and continuous improvement. Â CSMC manufactures Compressor and Turbine Rotors, Drums, Disks, Hubs and Fan Cases, for multiple commercial and military engine programs. CSMC is the Center of Excellence for the manufacturing and inspection of Integrated Blade Rotors (IBR) for the F119, F135 and Next Generation Product Family (NGPF).
This position reports to the CSMC Quality Senior Manager andÂ is responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership for employees with consideration for EH&S, quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities.
- Provide effective communications by leading daily toolbox meetings and 1 on 1 engagement.
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance. Give consistent feedback on performance to those standards.
- Effectively coach and facilitate skill enhancement.
- Perform administrative functions including maintaining training, quality and attendance records.
- Provide effective communications with members of management on activity status and plans.
- Coordinate with other shift Cell Leaders and shop management on daily key action activities.
- Assist Quality Engineers with inspection support for RCCA investigations and quality initiatives.
- Support activities related to Product Recall investigations and interactions with PDCs.
- Masterâ€s Degree with 1+ years of experience in a quality discipline in a manufacturing/operations environment OR Bachelorâ€s Degree with 3+ years of experience in a quality discipline in a manufacturing/operations environment OR Associateâ€s Degree with 5+ years of experience in a quality discipline in a manufacturing/operations environment OR, in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma or GED with 9+ years of experience in a quality discipline in a manufacturing/operations environment
- US Citizenship required
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to obtain high levels of performance to accomplish goals
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles, i.e. Lean, ACE, QCPC, DIVE.
- Experience and ability to utilize production information systems and office PC applications
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of Management
- Supervisory experience with hourly bargaining unit employees preferred
- 3 years product knowledge of major rotating or critical to quality aerospace hardware
- Experience working in a shop or supplier quality capacity
- Knowledge of quality procedures, quality management systems, MRB and AS9100 processes
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01394877
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Quality Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US