APU MRO Cell Leader, 1st Shift WPB
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 12401
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01392317 Date posted 03/06/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of APU MRO Cell Leader, 1st Shift at our West Palm Beach, FL facility.
This business unit services radial APUâ€s for both commercial and military customers around the world. A small and fast-paced shop, which also provides cleaning and NDT services to the other organizations across the WPB campus, will require dynamic shop floor management skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with many departments at various levels.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage the shop floor and drive production to meet quality, cost, and delivery requirements
- Champion the safety of shop personnel
- Ensure all policies, procedures, regulations, and training requirements are met
- â€¢Maintain a constant understanding of the production schedule to ensure resources are correctly allocated; fully understand each customer, their needs, and the impact to the schedule
- Assign work to shop floor personnel so that they remain engaged with the most appropriate tasks to meet production schedule targets
- Obtain necessary resources effectively to meet both short-term and long-term goals; to include equipment, tooling, manpower, technical data, materials, etc.
- Work with functional leaders across the site and internal staff to meet production requirements
- Manage time and attendance for the hourly workforce; resolve compensation matters
- Develop talent and provide performance feedback to all shop floor employees
- Run daily production meetings
- Bachelor's Degree required; Degree in Management, Business, Engineering, or Quality strongly preferred
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in production, operations, or manufacturing
- At least 1 year of indirect/direct leadership or management experience
â€¢ Experience directing skilled bargaining unit employees
â€¢Aerospace repair and/or manufacturing experience
â€¢Experience in / knowledge of FAR 145 or FAR 121 operations and requirements
â€¢Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve business goals
â€¢Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills
â€¢Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including internal and external customers across all hierarchy levels and drive resolution in the shortest time possible
â€¢Confident making decisions in the face of limited or conflicting data while processing multiple problems in parallel; effective at handling multiple priorities under tight deadlines
â€¢Be self-motivated, capable of sound decision-making, and able to drive matters to closure
â€¢Computer proficient, particularly in MS Office
â€¢Experience working with SAP
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01392317
Community / Marketing Title: APU MRO Cell Leader, 1st Shift WPB
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US