Advanced Abradable Coatings Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12371
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01392944 Date posted 03/06/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us
Pratt & Whitney Materials and Processes Engineering (MPE) organization in East Hartford, CT is looking for an engineer who can lead and support the development and implementation of advanced materials and coatings for gas turbine engine applications. You will become part of a highly focused team in a high tech, fast moving and challenging environment. You will work at the interface of physical research and technical development of the technologies applied in the aerospace jet engines. Your technical responsibilities will include:
â€¢Development and implementation of advanced Thermal Plasma-Spray coatings for gas turbine engine applications
â€¢Development of physics-based analytical models in application to novel materials and coatings and their behavior during manufacturing and life cycle in jet engine.
â€¢Development of technical proposals to obtain internal and external research funding. â€¢Developing and executing project plans and cost estimates, meeting schedule requirements and reporting progress to senior management.
â€¢Support of production processes to meet business needs and customer requirements. Responsibilities would include root cause analysis, brainstorming solutions, implementing corrective actions, and ensuring elimination of root cause.
You will collaborate with multi-functional teams including Materials Development, Structures and Lifing Discipline, Aero-Thermal Systems and Manufacturing.
1. Experience in thermal spray processes and/or ceramic abradable coatings.
2. E xperience in physics-based materials and processes models at different length and time scales and associated experimental research to understand material properties.
3. Experience working with diverse teams and multi-years multidisciplinary programs
4. Have excellent communication skills and be highly motivated
5. Ability to successfully collaborate with team members
6. Experience in data collection and management, data analysis methods and computational methods is highly desired
7. Flexibility in thought and approach.
8. Experience with ACE/Continuous Improvement, Lean/Six Sigma tools is a plus.
9. US Citizen due to the Federal Government requirements
- BS degree in Material Science, Engineering Physics, Applied Physics or related technical field,
- 5+ years of Engineering or engineering research experience is required; MS degree with 3+ years of experience; PhD degree with 0-2+ years of experience
- US Citizen due to government contract
- Masterâ€s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication
*candidate identified, all qualified applicants encouraged to apply*
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01392944
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Abradable Coatings Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US