Assembly Process Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12355
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01385049 Date posted 03/05/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
TheÂ Development OperationsÂ AssemblyÂ Methods Engineering groupÂ is seeking a highly-motivated individual to be a part of theÂ Assembly Process Engineers team in support of the validation assembly.
The Development Engine Quality Engineer (EQE) Assembly Process Engineer responsibilities include:
- Review and approve new and revised Assembly Operation Sheets, AFS, Temporary AFS, Temporary Inspections, etc. for compliance to Engineering and Quality requirements.
- Review production definition inputs that initiate changes to the process for the appropriateness of the requests, reliability and repeatability and changes to processes that effect characteristics and inspection activity (e.g., inspection equipment, etc.), verify changes meet product requirements and document any nonconformances.
- Coordinate new engine program initiation activities as they pertain to development procedures and standard work.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent QCPC turn backs /escapes and reduce overall assembly costs.
- Participate in ACE initiatives supporting the achievement of ACE GOLD in Development Operations.
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, systems designers and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
A high level of proficiency and working-knowledge of ACE Tools is required including Process Certification & Management , Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
Work location is flexible within Connecticut (East HartfordÂ or Middletown) and Florida (West Palm Beach) plant sites. Any shift preference welcome including candidates interested in 1st shift, 2nd shift, and Friday, Saturday, Sunday Alternate Work Week (e.g. AWW) schedules.
Expected time spent traveling: ~10%
Internal candidates from Engineering may only be considered at this time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing or industrial engineering with 5+ years of experience related to jet engine assembly
- Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering with 3+ years of experience in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering related to jet engine assembly
- US Citizen, due to Government contracts
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and engine system-level knowledge is highly desired for this position.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Strong project engineering/planning skills.
- Effective influence & decision-making skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing or industrial engineering with 7+ years of experience related to jet engine assembly
- Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering with 5+ years of experience in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering related to jet engine assembly
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01385049
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Process Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US