Account Specialist, Fan Blades
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12289
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01391813 Date posted 02/27/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The role of the Account Specialist is both exciting & meaningful. The Fan Module Center contains a group of five Value Streams that lead approximately 1,500 part numbers for P&W Engine Centers and Spares. This position is within the Raw Materials Value Stream. Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Quoting, cost analysis/price justification, and placement of schedule agreements, in addition to providing updates to various customers. Will work with cross-functional teams (materials, operations, quality, engineering) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Balance all aspects of the supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments/terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution. You will comply with all aspects of the P&W Procurement Manual and GSC Standard Work.
- Reduce quality-related turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings. Attend and support VCAB meetings to resolve quality issues.
- Foster active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, supplier program reviews and assisting Supplier Gold Specialists
- May bring someone in at a higher level dependent upon experience/qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in Operations or Supply Chain.
- US Citizen due to government contracts.
- MBA or Master's Degree.
- You excel at written and verbal communications at all levels.
- Experienced with MS Office programs like Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word as well as SAP ERP.
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Experience working with Cross functional teams to include Sr. Management
- Purchasing or materials experience a plus
- Ability to balance challenging priorities and manage time effectively
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We value work-life balance and time away from work recharging your batteries. You'll have 15 paid vacation days to enjoy every year. This will grow to 20 days after 10 years of employment, and 25 days after 20 years of service.
Birth and Parental Leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning; we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01391813
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist, Fan Blades
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US