Account Specialist- Composites
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12229
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01390713 Date posted 02/24/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated Account Specialist to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Do you have the experience to join our Team? The role of the Account Specialist is both exciting & meaningful.
Candidate identified - qualified candidates may apply.
Job Summary -
- Quoting, cost analysis/price justification, and placement of schedule agreements, in addition to providing updates to various customers. Will work with cross functional team (materials, operations, quality, engineering) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Handle all aspects of the supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer happiness.
- Lead purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments /terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution. Follow the P&W Procurement Manual and GSC Standard Work.
- Improve and reduce quality-related turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings. Attend and support VCAB meetings to resolve quality issues.
- Champion active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer happiness.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, supplier program reviews and assisting Supplier Gold Specialists
- Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Materials, Engineering or Business or Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Materials, Engineering or Business.
- US Citizen required due to government contracts
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain, or Technical Discipline
- Master's Degree
- Craft clear communication
- The ability to build positive relationships
- Experienced with MS Office programs like Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word as well as SAP ERP.
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Experience working with teams to include Sr. Management
- Purchasing or materials experience a plus
- Ability to balance meaningful priorities and manage time effectively
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01390713
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist- Composites
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US