Agile Coach, Digital Technology
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12032
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01388939 Date posted 02/11/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney Digital Technology team is seeking an Agile Coach whoâ€s ready to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future, and ensure the customerâ€s and organizationâ€s digital needs are met with best of world technology practices and standards for years to come. We need someone to help train corporate teams on the agile methodology and oversee the development of agile teams to ensure effective outcomes for the organization. They are responsible for guiding teams through the implementation process and are tasked with encouraging workers and leadership to embrace the agile method. The agile coachâ€s goal is to arm agile teams with the right knowledge, tools and training so that theyâ€ll be able to use agile to its full potential.
As an agile coach, youâ€ll need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, since youâ€ll be working closely with employees across the entire company, including leadership. You will need to know how to navigate the corporate culture to help the organization realize its goals.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Enable and lead an agile transformation
- Create and leverage Pratt & Whitney (P&W) guiding coalition for the Agile and Digital transformation to help guide, roadmap and prioritize the transformation journey.
- Establish a backlog and roadmap for the long-term transformation
- Establish an Agile PMO to provide transparency and enable economic and prioritization decisions.
- Provide an Agile software development process which documents and defines how work will be done via Agile Release Trains and Team as well as the Agile Operating model and itsâ€ alignment with Agile PMO.
- Build, grow and maintain P&W Agile content library
- Work with Compliance and Audit groups to establish a standard for auditing Agile Teams and backlog items through the operating model
- Align tools and technical practices
- Stand up Agile Team and Agile Release Trains
- Teach, Coach and Mentor people on the agile release trains and teams in agile method, principles and best practices
- Leverage and enable P&W Digital technology Agile expertise and potential
- Establish and provide a documented, Agile Operating model to ensure consistency and best practices across all of P&W. This operating Model will include:
- Definition of Agile and Scaled Agile Roles specific to Pratt & Whitney
- Alignment of artifacts, facilitation and best practices from an agile meetings, ceremonies and processes prospective
- Enable collaboration and interactions between different silos with P&W via the operating model
- Establishing the best practices and usage of agile management tools to enable team improvement and delivery transparency
- Coaching / Training agile teams in the methodology
- Integrate related methodologies within the company
- Develop standards and requirements for the agile process
- Provide training to employees on the agile process
- Help teams navigate agile tools and software
- Encourage employee and stakeholder buy-in
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- Proven experience in Agile coaching
- Knowledge of Agile software / development
- Strong understanding of Scrum and Kanban
- Experience as Scrum Master or with the Agile methodology
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Ability to communicate and lead by influence for strategic technical leadership and creation of long-term strategy roadmaps aligning and communicating with all levels of the business and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong skills in analyzing business process and technical solutions to identify and execute on opportunities for continuous improvements
- Experience working in a heavy regulated environment
- Highly self-directed and willing to learn & pivot quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills with executive presentation experience
- Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting multiple projects and priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing solutions and priorities
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01388939
Community / Marketing Title: Agile Coach, Digital Technology
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US