Assembly Process Engineer - West Palm Beach, FL
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11930
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01387263 Date posted 02/04/2020 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience, skills and interest to join us and our Team? Pratt & Whitney is looking for dedicated individuals to become part of our engineering organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Engine Center (EC) Assembly Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated and capable individual to be Assembly Manufacturing and Production Process Engineer in support of Military Engine Programs in West Palm Beach, FL.
Your responsibilities include:
- Drive design-for-assembly/manufacturability (DFA/DFM) and module/part-family assembly process standard initiatives, working closely with Systems Engineering Teams and CIPTs/Module Centers, Mechanics, Quality Engineers/Inspectors, Engine Program Management Offices, and Foreign-Partners.
- Ensure the Engineering Product Definition is consistently and accurately applied in the Assembly Floor Specifications (AFSs) / Work Instructions across multiple production sites.
- Create and maintain prescriptive production engine AFSs / Work Instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, quality assurance /process control documents and tooling definition/requirements).
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent process turn-backs /escapes and continuously reduce overall assembly costs.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement initiatives supporting the achievement of ACE GOLD STATUS in the Engine Assembly Center.
- Assist with planning, acquisition, and start-up of necessary capital equipment, facility, and special test equipment needed to meet capacity, engine build plans, and new program introduction
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force (mechanics, inspectors, operators), tool designers, quality engineers & quality assurance personnel, integrated product teams, systems & module designers, information systems personnel and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
- BS in Engineering.
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- US citizenship required due to government program requirements
- BS Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Applicable manufacturing/assembly engineering experience, engine system-level knowledge, and engine test processes are highly desirable for this position.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Strong project engineering/planning skills
- Effective influence & decision-making skills.
- Proficiency and working-knowledge of ACE/Continuous Improvement Tools, including Process Certification & Management, Value-Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
Final Grade Level of position will be determined based on experience and qualifications
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01387263
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Process Engineer - West Palm Beach, FL
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US