Account Specialist- Hot Section Module Center Raw Materials
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11902
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01384687 Date posted 01/31/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success in their lean journey.
We are looking for an Account Specialist with strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work in a challenging environment. You should be able to provide a high level of customer focus while meeting business objectives.
This position is within the Hot Section Module Center Raw Material team.
- Quoting, cost analysis/price justification, and placement of schedule agreements, in addition to providing updates to various customers. Will work with cross functional team (materials, operations, quality, engineering) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Manage all aspects of the supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments / terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution.Â Comply with all aspects of the P&W Procurement Manual and GSC Standard Work.
- Reduce quality-related turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings. Attend and support VCAB meetings to resolve quality issues.
- Foster active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, supplier program reviews and assisting Supplier Gold Specialists.
There is up to 10% travel associated with this role.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- Minimum 3 yearsâ€ experience in operations/supply chain/engineering/customer service
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts
- Experience with SAP
- MS Office
- Communication skills and relationship building skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01384687
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist- Hot Section Module Center Raw Materials
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US