Alternate Work Week (AWW) General Engineering Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11889
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359906 Date posted 01/31/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a hardworking highly experienced Engineer to be based in E. Hartford or Middletown, CT. As the Alternate Work Week (AWW) Engineer lead, you will have ownership and accountability for all production-related multi-functional IPT activities for the Hot Section Engineering (HSE) organization as well as opportunities to contribute to the CSE and MSEN teams during the AWW period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6AM-6PM. Hardware responsibility including (but not limited to) combustor / Diffuser, Turbine, and Exhaust system modules across all engine programs. This is a highly-visible and excellent career opportunity that will provide exposure across the Engineering, Quality and Operations organizations as well as provide future growth potential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, and Stop Delivery Orders
- Completing FAI and ESA Reviews
- Providing close support for HSE traditional work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and providing Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift
- Providing innovative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements
- Communicating effectively, especially during traditional shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to traditional shift handoffs
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- Current Member of the P&W Engineering Team
- Hot Section Engineering experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Aerospace engineering industry experience.
- Masterâ€s degree in Engineering or MBA
- Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Proven excellent customer facing experience.
- Proven ability to lead multi-functional teams to achieve results.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359906
Community / Marketing Title: Alternate Work Week (AWW) General Engineering Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US