2nd Shift Production Machinist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11803
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01384758 Date posted 01/27/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking to build upon your skills?
An opportunity exists to join us; we are looking for you to fill the role of Production Machinist!
You should possess a level of competency on machine usage and have an understanding of the Manufacturing/ Aerospace industry. You will assume a role integral to the production of our exceptional engines!
- Setup, operate, and perform work where methods, procedures and processes are well-developed and the required tooling, gauging, and machines are provided.
- Follow established methods and procedures, use manual or numerically controlled machine tools such as milling, boring, grinding, turning, broaching and shaping machines to achieve the required dimensional specifications.
- Perform bench, assembly, and surface finishing operations such as deburring, blending, trimming and fitting, using hand, and power tools.
- Follow prescribed methods and procedures to perform drilling, riveting, and bonding operations to assemble various details in producing a finished part.
- Utilize a variety of fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and part features.
High School Diploma/GED
6+ months previous work experience using CNC machines and/or demonstrated mechanical aptitude
U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Graduation from Machining Program
12+months experience working in Aerospace/Manufacturing
Previous experience within a production environment
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Experience in assembly, riveting, sheet metal operations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01384758
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Production Machinist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US